See the Decker Library Tumblr for other examples from the Library's special collections. All are available to view in the Library by request at the Information Desk.
1. Search the Library Catalog for books to explore your subject.
2. Remember that eBooks can be read online!
3. View work of specific artists and traditions on Artsy.net.
4. Look for relevant subject articles in Oxford Art Online.
5. Use Art & Architecture Source to search for journal articles on your topic.
6. Register as a user in ARTstor, then search & download images on your topic.
8. How did you do? Contact me if you’d like more help with your research topic.
-- Kathy Cowan, firstname.lastname@example.org, (410) 225-2714
Artsy.net is a highly visual website that is useful for browsing multiple artists and artworks from many time periods. It includes the Art Genome Project, which maps characteristics (called “genes”) common to art makers and to art and design objects over time.
Browse all categories here
A selection of categories follows: